Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ushuaia

Made it safely to Ushuaia, found my B&B... cozy little place with a view of the harbor.  Walked down here to the main strip to get online and check details for a couple reservations.  Weather is rainy and 50 degrees (I feel right at home), but just as I walked out the front door of the B&B, there was a brilliant rainbow over town.  I´d like to think it´s a sign of good luck.  Actually, I´ve had several strokes of good luck so far on this trip... including today boarding the plane.  I was taking a quick pit stop in the lavatory on the plane before we took off, and heard my name on the PA.  Uh oh, I thought, this can´t be good.  Turns out my travel diary had fallen out of my bag in the waiting lounge, and thankfully I had written my name in it, and someone was kind enough to give it to the flight attendants. 
 
More later when there is more interesting news to report. 

5 comments:

  1. Pictures are awesome. I now have a better idea of why you wanted to go there. The scenery is bigger than life -- and is so rugged, yet serene at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, Ken. I noticed they are small files, and I hope you don't have your camera set at that file size because you are going to want enlargement prints of some of these pics.

    Fitz Roy hike sounds quite strenuous. Glad you were able bodied enough to make it and get great pics.

    Have fun, and shoot some penguins (with camera) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that "little" Perito Moreno Glacier circa 1999. Glad to hear you didn't have those 50mph howling Patagonian winds. Gorgeous photos. Here's a little espanol you can use..."que maravilla! me encanta toda la naturaleza".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning pics of the glacier! I can't wait to see what you'll get from the white continent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Photos. I had planned to visit Chile/Argentina and travel to Fitz Roy, etc this Feb but delayed to Feb 2010. Wish I had known you were going; I did a lot of research and have a great book on Patagonia.

    Salima

    ReplyDelete